Catherine Pierce, Birth, Full Spectrum, and Postpartum Doula
Meet Your Doula
If you are looking for someone who believes in the power of your body, both in its innate ability to birth and to heal, I am your doula. I believe that the greatest authority in a birth room is the person who is giving birth. I trust your intuition, and the divine physiology of your body. I trust however you want to birth your baby. I trust you.
I began attending births in 2015, after a 6 month long reoccurring dream showed me that the people bringing forth the next generation deserve the utmost care, support, reverence, and respect.
I am a birth, postpartum, and full spectrum doula. I am honored to be a Certified INNATE Postpartum Care Provider. I am also an infant massage educator, prenatal and postnatal yoga instructor, and placenta preparation specialist. Currently I am studying herbalism and traditional midwifery, with the intent that I will one day practice as midwives once did, “from womb to tomb”. I am especially lit up by supporting families who are having unassisted/freebirths at home.
Some of my training and skills include:
* Village Prenatal Care by Midwife Sister MorningStar
* Innate Traditions Postpartum Care by Midwife Rachelle Garcia Seliga
* Heart & Hands Midwifery Intensives by Midwife Elizabeth Davis
* DONA International Doula
* IPPA Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist* (see below)
* IAIM Educator of Infant Massage
* Return To Zero infant loss support
* Full Spectrum Doula (supporting people across the full spectrum of reproductive experiences, including pregnancy release, adoption, surrogacy, miscarriage and stillbirth) with the Cottonroot Bark Collective
* Two Doulas Birth, Beyond the Swaddle Postpartum Care
* AHA BLS ( CPR and AED) Healthcare Provider
* Goldenbridge Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga
* Yogablend 200hr Yoga Teacher Training & Certification
* RYT with a background teaching Yoga to at-risk Teen Girls and the adults who care for them.
When not attending to the wisdom of blossoming families I can be found barefoot in the woods, sitting in circle with wise womxn, laughing with my beloved husband, dancing in my living room, and reading everything about Life, Birth, and Death that I can get my hands on.
*Including Certificates for both Bloodborne Pathogens & Infection Control for Placenta Encapsulators, as well as for California Food Handling & Safety