Meet Your Doula
*On maternity leave*
If you are looking for someone who believes in the power of your body, both in its innate ability to birth and to heal, I am your doula. I believe that the greatest authority in a birth room is the person who is giving birth. I trust your intuition, and the divine physiology of your body. I trust however you want to birth your baby. I trust you.
I began my journey of attending families through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum in 2014, after a 6 month long reoccurring dream showed me that the people bringing forth the next generation deserve the utmost care, support, reverence, and respect. Becoming a parent is an intense right of passage that deserves to be witnessed and held up to the light to show how truly important the work of rearing new humans is.
I am a birth, postpartum, and full spectrum doula. I am a Certified INNATE Postpartum Care Provider, providing postpartum care that centers the health and well-being of birthing people. I am also an infant massage educator, prenatal and postnatal yoga instructor, and placenta preparation specialist. Currently I am studying herbalism, ecology, and traditional midwifery, with the intent that I will one day practice as midwives once did, “from womb to tomb”.
Some of my training and skills include:
* Certified California Naturalist (2020)
* Green Wisdom Herbalism Apprenticeship with Julie James (2019)
* Arvigo Mayan Abdominal + Womb Massage (2018)
* Village Prenatal Care by Midwife Sister MorningStar (2018)
* Two Doulas Birth, Beyond the Swaddle Postpartum Care (2018)
* Innate Traditions Postpartum Care by Midwife Rachelle Garcia Seliga (2017)
* Heart & Hands Midwifery Intensives by Midwife Elizabeth Davis (2016)
* Holistic Childbirth Method of Childbirth Education with Kelly Gray (2016)
* Full Spectrum Doula (supporting people across the full spectrum of reproductive experiences, including pregnancy release, adoption, surrogacy, miscarriage and stillbirth) with the Cottonroot Bark Collective (2016)
* Return To Zero infant loss support (2015)
* IAIM Educator of Infant Massage (2015)
* DONA International Doula (2015)
* IPPA Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist* (see below) (2015)
* AHA BLS ( CPR and AED) Healthcare Provider (2014-present)
* Goldenbridge Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga (2014)
* Yogablend 200hr Yoga Teacher Training & Certification (2014)
* RYT with a background teaching Yoga to at-risk Teen Girls and the adults who care for them.
When not attending to the wisdom of blossoming families I can be found barefoot in the woods, sitting in circle with wise folx, laughing with my beloved husband, dancing in my living room, and reading everything about Life, Birth, and Death that I can get my hands on.
*Including Certificates for both Bloodborne Pathogens & Infection Control for Placenta Encapsulators, as well as for California Food Handling & Safety